Treating infertility with Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
The treatment of infertility with acupuncture & chinese medicine dates back 2000 years. These ancient time tested techniques improve fertility rate & support reproductive health.
What are Acupuncture and Chinese herbs can do?
- Increase the quantity and quality of follicles during maturation
- Increase blood flow to the uterus to increase uterine lining thickness and improve implantation
- Improve blood flow to the reproductive organs and prevent uterus contractions after embryo transfer
- Decrease the chances of miscarriage by improving blood flow and relaxing the uterus
- Strengthen the immune system
- Ease emotional fluctuations and reduce stress associated with Infertility
- Improve male issues such as sperm count, motility and morphology
Who will benefit from acupuncture and herbal medicine?
Women with unexplained infertility or hormonal imbalances, such as menstrual irregularities, PMS, high FSH level, anovulation, difficult implantation, and frequent miscarriage; men with issues of sperm count, motility and morphology would be encouraged to seek relief from Acupuncture and Chinese medicine. The most frequent cause of unexplained infertility or hormonal imbalance is energy stagnation, which affects blood flow in the pelvic area. Many years of emotional stress, depression, frustration, overwork, and improper diet and lifestyle often play a major role in energy congestion.
How does acupuncture support IVF?
Acupuncture increases Blood Flow to the Ovaries and Uterus to Increase Fertility Potential with IVF:
- Reduction of blood flow impedance in the uterine arteries
- Balance hormones and reduce stress level
- Increased follicular maturation
- Increase efficacy of Follicle Stimulating Hormone medications
- Increase in rising Estrogen levels and follicle size
- Increase the blood flow to the ovaries to nourish the developing follicles and create better egg quality and stronger embryos
- Normalize the function of the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Ovarian axis to regulate and improve the body’s natural hormonal production which in turn improves ovarian function and egg quality
- Help to prevent OHS(Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome) and reduce side-effects
- Diminish or eliminate side-effects of pharmaceuticals associated with Fertility
- Relaxes the body and reduces stress levels
- how does acupuncture for fertility work increase chance of conception without side effects
- German researchers have increased success rates by almost 50% in women having IVF (Fertility and Sterility, April 2002 issue)
- Stener-Victorin E, etal Human Reproduction 1996; 11:1314-1317.
- Youran, D. et al, 2008 Volume 90, Sup. 1, p.S24
- Teshima, D. et al, 2007 Volume 88, Sup. 1, p.S330
- Udoff, L. et al, 2007 Volume 86, Sup. 1, p.S145
- Benson, M. et al, 2006 Volume 86, Sup. 1, p.S135
- Dietrle, S. et al, 2006 Volume 85, p. 1347-1351
- Westergaard, L. et al, 2006 Volume 85, p. 1341-1346
- Smith, C. et al, 2006 Volume 85, p.1352-1358
- Quintero, R. et al, 2004 Volume 81, Sup. 3, p.S11-12
- Magarelli, P. et al, 2004 Volume 81, Sup. 3, p.S20
- Paulus, W. et al, 2002 Volume 77, p. 721-724